Friday, October 10, 2008

Parents Critical Of Alafia Elementary Principal - Part Two On This Blog


Parents Critical Of Alafia Elementary Principal#comments#comments#comments#comments#comments#comments:




I think this has the most pages of public comments that I have ever seen. Gotta love it.


One must take note of the diatribe from both sides on this one. With the added notes from some another Tribune missive, the public comments are interesting. It is a true war of "parents and a few insiders" vs "district personnel and a few insiders".

I think we can agree that "monkey1" is an interesting contributor. As a ex-member of "Team Parents", I think "monkey1" fits the stereotype for "company person". On the opposite side of the octagon, we have " EWH", "pokethefire" and "lbw250" representin' the parents.

One has to read between the lines with intent when one reads these public comments. I always like to pay attention to what I don't read as well as what I do read. In other words, are accusations refuted or are they countered? I can see both sides. I have been there. I happen to know one of the key players in this arena. I am not divulging who it is nor which side they are on. I do respect this person, so I am interested in the outcome.

I wish I could hold a betting line on this one. I am betting that the Principal moves up. The parents will be left holding their angst. The next Principal can't lose.

Any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a letter from a former Alafia parent in the St. Pete Times today. Another example of Mrs. Smith sweeping problems under the rug and being rude and insensitive to parents (not to mention failing to protect our children!).

Anonymous said...

Great work.