Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Publius Would Have Given Anything For A Blog

For those who don't remember, Publius signed the 85 essays that were written and published during the years 1787 and 1788 in several New York State newspapers to persuade New York voters to ratify the proposed constitution.


Federalist Papers

I have been blogging over one and a half years. I have stated that public exposure is the Achilles heel of the local public education system. I have stated that the LEA will not be able to control information like it used to due to blogging and current media technology. In prior years, the only newspaper critique came from the St. Pete Times. In fact, the reason I started posting the newspaper links on my PRO site was to show the discrepancy between the Times and the Tribune. However, since I started that, there has been an increased number of articles from both papers, although you will still find more "negative but true" information from the Times, in my opinion.

It appears that others are catching on about blogging. I applaud them.

I also would like to say to those that are watching for the upcoming PR blitz not to think that it is only coming from one person. Read what I have written about how decision makers are not always the one sitting at the table.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this is because Ted Stasney of the Tribune sits on the Board of Directors for the Hillsborough Education Foundation.

According to a report issued by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA): The Foundation has benefited the district by providing important public relations and publicity assistance,
helping to secure additional support for public schools by placing them in a positive
public light (1997 District Performance Review).

Just trying to connect the dots.

PRO On HCPS said...

Thanks for the dot.

If the rumor mills were even half true, I have heard of many different relationships between the Tribune and the HCPS that might be a reason for the Tribune to minimize negative commentary about HCPS.

I have been quite surprised over the last year that the editorials and collumnists have written some pretty critical points. We must remember that Mr. Otto was "called out" by Ms. Elia. I wrote about it on my PRO blog. Since Mr. Otto's wife works for the District, I am sure there are issues to deal with for them. If anyone denies that retaliation is not active in HCPS, they must not be aware of much.

I was aware of the OPPAGA report but did not know about the Foundation and links to the HCPS.

Let me know if you have any other dots.