Saturday, September 13, 2008

Politics, Business and Education

I have stayed away from politics all of my life.

Since I started blogging over a year ago, I am realizing more and more the influence of politics on education. I now have a desire to explore what I read about regarding the influence and effects of politics on our local education system.


I had to learn about the local education system in order to obtain an education for my disabled son. My other two kids had the ability to become educated through many avenues. My disabled son was highly dependent on the people and environment that was immediate to him. While my two "regular ed" kids could make up for any deficiencies in their educational environment, my disabled son could not.

I like to explore the outside influences that effect what happens in the classroom with students. I hear and read about the dedication and committment of many teachers and some school administrators. When the education setting doesn't work, Arrogance with ignorance have been influences I am familiar with. Politics and business and how they relate to each other is something I want to learn more about.

No comments: